On the occasion of Lunar New Year (Tet), visitors often came to Ban Don Cultural Ecotourism Area (N’Drech Village, Ea Huar commune). They have not only visited, played with gentle and hospitality elephants but also learnt elephant culture and rituals of healthy praying ceremony for elephants.
The key figure of the ceremony were seven elephants, including one elephant of the Ban Don Cultural Ecotourism Area and six elephants of M’nong households in Krong Na commune, Buon Don district.
The shaman invites the Gods to witness the ceremony and give health to elephants
The shaman was the elder of N’Drech village – Ae Somic, one good hunter and trainer of the area. The offerings included three jars of wine, two chickens, one pig, bee wax candle, cooked rice, rice and brocade costumes for elephants.
Rituals of applying pig’s blood on elephants’ head to pray for elephants’ good health.
In the ceremony, the shaman invited Yang, the God of the mountains, the God of rivers, and the God of elephants Nguach Ngual ... to witness the offerings and prayed for health to the elephants. After that, mahouts used their hands to hold the sacrificial pig's head on the elephant's head, the shaman prayed and put the pig’s blood on the elephant's head to pray for the elephant to be healthy, obedient and helpful for their hosts in important jobs.
Visitors enjoy the wine after the ceremony.
Mrs. Le Thi Thanh Ha, Director of Ban Don Ecotourism Co., Ltd. said that the healthy praying ceremony for elephants has been organized twice per year to thank Gods and elephants for their contribution on the development of the area. Thereby, visitors will be enjoy more with Buon Don’s elephant culture, learn more about the important role of elephants in daily life and the respect of the Central Highlands peoples for the animal embodying the power, authority and wealth.
- Effectively implement the program "Café with Entrepreneurs – Enterprises" in 2019 (20/03/2019, 09:14)
- Closing Ceremony of the 7th Buon Ma Thuot Coffee Festival 2019: Cultural Exchange of Heritages and Regions (16/03/2019, 16:43)
- Semi-final Round of “Farmers’ Contest” 2019 (16/03/2019, 16:28)
- Changes in homeland 10-3 (16/03/2019, 08:19)
- Exciting dug-out canoe race competition in Lak Lake (15/03/2019, 09:08)
- Former President Tran Duc Luong’s visit to the Coffee - Book Street and Dak Lak Provincial Museum (15/03/2019, 08:03)
- Awarding ceremony of Specialty Coffee Contest at the 7th Buon Ma Thuot Coffee Festival 2019 (14/03/2019, 11:04)
- 40 projects granted investment policy decision at Dak Lak Investment Promotion Conference 2019 (14/03/2019, 10:53)
- Opening Photo Exhibition of the 44th anniversary of Buon Ma Thuot Victory - Paths of History (14/03/2019, 10:10)
- Publishing photo book on “Dak Lak – The Destination of World Coffee” (13/03/2019, 10:24)
- Opening the 7th Vietnamese Coffee Expo 2019 (13/03/2019, 10:13)