This year’s race was a competition of 90 people who were divided into 19 teams from township and communes of Lak district, racing in three sessions of two-man race, three-man race and four-man race.
After thrilling competition, dug-out canoe number 17 (owned by Ma Yen – Hien Thuy residential group) was awarded the first prize of two-man race while dug-out canoe number 1 (owned by Y Ta Lap - residential group 2 of Bong Krang) earned the second prize and the third prize was presented to dug-out canoe number 2 (owned by Ma Phon – residential group 2 of Yang Tao commune).
Dug-out canoe number 3 (owned by Ma Yen – Hien Thuy) won the first prize, dug-out canoe number 7 (owned by Y Ta Lap - residential group 2 of Bong Krang) came in second place, while dug-out canoe number 16 (owned by Ma Khoi – residential group 2 of Dak Lieng finished third in the three-man race.
Two teams of the four-man race finishing their competition.
Addressing at the closing and awarding ceremony of the race completion, Vice Chairman of the PPC Vo Van Canh emphasized that the success of this year's race competition will continue to mark an innovation step in preserving and promoting the beauty of traditional customs of ethnic people in Lak district; bring cultural values back into the daily life to serve the country's renovation as well as the people’s cultural and spiritual life.
The dug-out canoe race competition on Lak Lake is one of the traditional festivals bearing the cultural values of local people; contributing to promoting the beauty of Lak lake in particular and Lak district tourism in general to domestic and foreign tourists.
- Effectively implement the program "Café with Entrepreneurs – Enterprises" in 2019 (20/03/2019, 09:14)
- Closing Ceremony of the 7th Buon Ma Thuot Coffee Festival 2019: Cultural Exchange of Heritages and Regions (16/03/2019, 16:43)
- Semi-final Round of “Farmers’ Contest” 2019 (16/03/2019, 16:28)
- Changes in homeland 10-3 (16/03/2019, 08:19)
- Former President Tran Duc Luong’s visit to the Coffee - Book Street and Dak Lak Provincial Museum (15/03/2019, 08:03)
- Awarding ceremony of Specialty Coffee Contest at the 7th Buon Ma Thuot Coffee Festival 2019 (14/03/2019, 11:04)
- 40 projects granted investment policy decision at Dak Lak Investment Promotion Conference 2019 (14/03/2019, 10:53)
- Opening Photo Exhibition of the 44th anniversary of Buon Ma Thuot Victory - Paths of History (14/03/2019, 10:10)
- Publishing photo book on “Dak Lak – The Destination of World Coffee” (13/03/2019, 10:24)
- Opening the 7th Vietnamese Coffee Expo 2019 (13/03/2019, 10:13)